For about a month now I have had an issue with Firefox where suddenly the search bar (with Google search) stops working. I input text, press enter but nothing happens. No… (tuilleadh eolais)
For about a month now I have had an issue with Firefox where suddenly the search bar (with Google search) stops working. I input text, press enter but nothing happens. No page is loaded. I see the google search URL that the browser is trying to reach, and I see in the network tool that the request is made but nothing appears after that. Page doesn't change and response is not registered in the network tool.
Also, my GMail account tabs stop working, and trying to refresh them, GMail freezes while loading.
If I restart Firefox all starts working, until the problem starts happening again (can be minutes or hours, I guess it depends on usage)
Another colleague of mine has the exact same problem.
I tried with NO success:
- Clearing all cache and data;
- Disabling all extensions;
- Running firefox in troubleshoot mode;
- Refresh Firefox;
- Complete uninstall, with profile folder removal and start from scratch;
- Disabling hardware acceleration;
- Setting "browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.improvesearch.handoffToAwesomebar" to false;
- Disabling "network.http.http3.enabled";
- Setting Proxy to "No Proxy";
All works on another browsers.
Can someone advise on how to further troubleshoot and fix this issue?