Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Firefox does not close down properly since update
Ever since Firefox updated to version 29, when I close the browser there are times when I try to open the browser and get this message: Firefox is already running but is not responding. Why is this now happening?
All Replies (3)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.
Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions and some Preferences.
- Open websites will not be saved in Firefox versions lower than 25.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Reset Firefox did not help.
I am sure many users will find out about this problem in the next few days.
Believe it requires fixing the browser.
I have reinstalled v 28.0. Will wait for the next release.
Athraithe ag HPWC ar
- "Hang at exit": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs
- "Firefox hangs when you quit it": https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Firefox+hangs
Use "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: Firefox > Quit Firefox; Linux: Firefox/File > Quit) to close Firefox if you are currently doing that by clicking the close X on the Firefox title bar.
You can also check for issues with plugins.