your firefox profile can not be loaded. it may be missing or inaccessible
i just updated my computer, after i did so, firefox wont open, it says your firefox profile can not be loaded, it may be missing or inaccessible. I have read every thread in here, and nothing works. i can't find the profiles.ini folder and i cant create a new profile. what to do now?
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_2) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.152 Safari/537.36
Please check out this article for more information about profiles. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data
A likely cause is a problem with the profiles.ini file and the profile marked as Default=1 in this file is no longer present on the hard drive.
- /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/
You can use one of these to make Firefox create/use a new default profile:
- Delete the profiles.ini file to force Firefox to create a new default profile
- Use the Profile Manager to create a new profile
- Use "Choose Folder" when you create a new profile to select the location of a lost profile and recover this profile
Úinéir na ceiste
thanks, but i'm running on mac os x and don't have library, so i don't know how to find that. The only thing i can find is what there is on the picture. And when i try to find profile manager in Terminal i just get what is on the second picture.
I'm not sure if you even looked at the link I gave you? It clearly gives you instructions as for where to find the Library folder on OS X.
In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the ~/Library folder is a hidden folder.
Úinéir na ceiste
thank you for your help, the problem is fixed:) when i finally found library i deleted the cached folder and made a new one, that worked.