Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Just randomly crashes - we tried all the recommendations and nothing seems to help: updating add-ons; drivers; windows; opening in safe mode did not help; do not have that "bit??" program;
One way that it always consistently crashes is when trying to download the add-on Hebrew Calendar - it starts to download and always crashes within seconds after and before it finishes the download.
Report ID Date Submitted
bp-3fc31df7-a7a0-4037-a029-454aa2131212 12/12/2013 10:15 PM bp-b3704d80-cb8a-48cb-926b-86d2d2131212 12/12/2013 10:13 PM bp-46b5f03f-4c6d-49d6-b352-2bd222131212 12/12/2013 9:43 PM bp-1d02342e-9dd1-4fc4-b4b1-4fa5f2131212 12/12/2013 9:39 PM bp-2f6826c9-3a19-40a7-89fe-659b22131212 12/12/2013 9:37 PM bp-018484c2-ce32-434c-a07d-140bb2131212 12/12/2013 9:28 PM bp-f03666d3-c025-4f98-8948-b30112131212 12/12/2013 9:25 PM bp-bea4e687-1984-4325-b142-26e6c2131212 12/12/2013 9:23 PM bp-e5bf883e-e784-4cb4-b870-df0332131212 12/12/2013 9:16 PM bp-a48dd514-9134-4095-bc51-15ac72131212 12/12/2013 9:14 PM bp-b84ab5f9-e4ad-49f2-a7e4-40dbc2131212 12/12/2013 9:10 PM bp-19aed21a-29c8-4597-8021-a00132131212 12/12/2013 8:59 PM bp-69b148bd-278e-45a4-aee6-88b122131212 12/12/2013 8:27 PM bp-b6bd0814-accc-4512-813e-5c8212131212 12/12/2013 8:24 PM bp-02ab32ed-401c-4b33-b0b7-fa3de2131212 12/12/2013 8:20 PM bp-6b9e83d4-baec-4fce-8198-f608d2131212 12/12/2013 8:17 PM bp-7f214fa0-f5e5-4332-9448-c3b142131212 12/12/2013 8:11 PM bp-ce4d6220-0d1c-4edb-8a18-3d0e02131212 12/12/2013 8:02 PM bp-c3bc81f3-c535-43c1-9f2c-6d1e62131212 12/12/2013 8:00 PM
Athraithe ag cor-el ar
I went to options -> sync and unchecked add-ons - hasn't crashed since. So at least for now it seems that was the problem - thank you.Read this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (10)
Okay here's the last crash that just happened
I just disabled Universal Downloader 20.0.1 and Flash Video Downloader - Youtube Downloader 4.0.8. Let me know what you fine out in the last crash...I appreciate your help.
Here's another one -
Fun, fun, fun.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box that appears above the list, type or paste java and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the following preferences to flip them from true to false:
Athraithe ag cor-el ar
Hi themofoman, that crash signature is very common and doesn't point to a specific cause, at least as far as I can tell. Hopefully someone more technical can weigh in.
Here are some more crashes one right after the other.
bp-228b9c8e-fbde-4ad0-8b05-173a82140101 bp-b6888953-0ed3-42db-a6c7-6f9312140102 bp-09abc142-fd2d-4958-bf60-199172140102 bp-709a888d-863a-42f4-a345-a5a302140102 bp-89e04bef-1002-42c0-9325-d729d2140102 bp-973854f7-3344-4b4a-9e28-29ddb2140102 bp-1b644479-1321-46fe-8b16-561a32140102
Athraithe ag cor-el ar
Hi themofoman, could you check:
(1) BitGuard infection: Uninstall BitGuard to fix crashes with Firefox
(2) Other malware: Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware
(3) Memory diagnostic: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer
I've looked several times but I don't see BitGuard on the computer. I'll try 2 and 3 later...thanks.
I found this topic last night because my Firefox 26 has been crashing randomly often when it was just open with a blank tab & I wasn't using it. I went through all the normal things like disabling/removing add-ons etc... nothing worked. I decided to scan for malware, I used http://www.malwarebytes.org/ (free) & it found 26 search bar related trojans that my anti-virus software missed. After everything was removed & cleaned Firefox hasn't crashed. Firefox didn't look or act abnormal (other then the crashes) so I wanted to share in case someone else has a "hidden" problem causing the issue.
(Also see my post above If you have crashes include the crash ID s please.)
Please scroll through and read this thread. You my find useful information or links to useful information. I am minded to close this thread as it is getting long and difficult to follow with multiple questions asked.
To get a good answer it is probably best to start your own thread
(As the guidelines suggest).
…. do not re-use existing threads started by others, even if they are seemingly on the same subject. ….
- Please use this direct quick special link
- Follow the prompts to include troubleshooting information if possible (use the green button to automate this)
- Please try to follow the prompts and include troubleshooting info when you do that. (There is a green button to automate the process. Use that, or if you encounter problems doing so mention that in the new thread.)
- You may wish to post back here; afterwards; to confirm you started a new thread. Others may wish to follow it.