Right click options
-As a developer i always found the right click options on firefox very useful. However the last few versions of firefox have had these options disabled or defunct, not working or worst still not working at all. i am referring to Copy, copy & paste for simple texts, and opening the page's source file. etc. Also there are now so many options that to get to the basic most popular options like above is time consuming. Please think of the most popular usages only. Right mouse click options is not about putting every option there. It is a short cut for the most popular options.
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Are those menu items missing from your Firefox installation?
I still have Cut, Copy, Paste, and Paste & go in text areas; and View Page Source on webpages.
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if those context menu items appear. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- On Windows you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by quitting Firefox and then going to your Terminal and running: firefox -safe-mode (you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Úinéir na ceiste
-The options are NOT disabled. They simply don't work. Specially the page source or save image short cuts they simply don't work. At times even cut and paste( of simple text) .
Also there are far too many options. The right click options are for quick short cuts. it does not help to have so many options. Just the most popular ones.
If you don't want people to have options to see source of the html page then why have an option. Same thing about saving the image.
Lately i find myself closing firefox to open ie just look at the source of html.
Did those contextual Menu items work in the Firefox SafeMode?
There have been reports recently about a number of different extensions that caused problems like that.
As far as the number of contextual Menu items, the Menu Editor extension allows you to hide the menu items that you don't want to see.
Would this be a spot to ask why "Print" isn't a right click menu option? Seems kinda basic and is present in other browsers. Firefox is the only one I have to go up to File. And sometimes things that pop up don't give you the top menu options and you can't print period. So it doesn't make much sense to me why "Print" is omitted. Would think it's a fairly common thing to do.
On the above note, I have had at times not seen cut/copy/paste when I have selected text. I have to do it a couple times and then it shows. Weird.
- Print Context Menu: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/print-context-menu/
I did say thanks, but after clicking, you pointed me to an extension that hasn't been updated since 2008 and doesn't work with the latest version of Firefox.
Athraithe ag crogs571 ar
Think this one does it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/print/?src=search