Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
transfer bookmarks from one laptop to another
I would like to transfer my bookmarks from my old laptop to my new one. I do not have a cable to connect the two laptops. How can I transfer? I do a an external hard drive to save with.
All Replies (3)
you should have a Flash Memory Dist Or External Hard Disk Or Upload On The Files On the Internet (Like 4shared Web Site) and download on another laptop. for getting Backup of bookmarks to restore on another laptop go to a menu>bookmarks>show all bookmarks>Import and backup>Backup> and save a backup in your flash memory or hard disk or upload to your online data storage (Like 4shared you can register free for 10GB) and Go to your another laptop and Open Firefox again menu>bookmarks>show all bookmarks>Import and backup and click on restore and choose files and select the files of backup on flash memory or your external hard disk or download by web .
You can copy your entire Firefox settings folder (also known as your Firefox profile folder) to the external drive. Or you can use an online service such as Dropbox (when you set up Dropbox, copy your settings files to your Dropbox folder, don't let Dropbox access your settings files directly).
To access your profile folder, you can use:
Help > Troubleshoting Information > "Show Folder" button
Your settings are stored in the folder that opened. In particular, the bookmarkbackups folder contains dated files you can use to restore those bookmarks to a different installation of Firefox. The other files might also be useful, e.g., saved logins, add-ons... More info in these articles:
- Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer
- Recovering important data from an old profile
It's not always clear where things go, so please post back with follow-up questions as they arise.
You can export the bookmarks in Firefox to an HTML file:
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Export HTML
You can also create a JSON backup:
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Backup
- An HTML backup doesn't support tags and annotations, so if you want to preserve those then you need to use a JSON backup.
- Restoring a JSON backup will replace all existing bookmarks, so existing bookmarks are lost.
- Importing an HTML backup will merge the imported bookmarks with existing bookmarks, so you do not lose the bookmarks that you already have, but you may get duplicate bookmarks if some already exist.