Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
I've d'loaded the new version half a dozen times, it doesn't "open" as my default browser, it launches as the old version. How do I fix this?
If this (problem) based on my "reload previous history", when I launch my browser, will this be resolved with a "patch" or another "upgrade"? I have read that all history from the previous version 'disappears' with the newest version, and I can't do that... I love my Firefox, and don't like browsing the web without it, but I need to be able to access previous histories, bookmarks, etc...
All Replies (1)
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 22.0: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible, to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.
You get the orange Firefox menu button when the menu bar is hidden.
- Firefox menu button > Options
- View > Toolbars (press F10 to display the menu bar)
- Right-click empty toolbar area
You can check for problems caused by a corrupted localstore.rdf file.