Is anyone else sick of having to use 'about:config' for custom history settings??? Or hoping that Firefox will keep your history after your next update???
I remember the days when Firefox was really customizable...
You could actually select how far back FF would remember your history...I used to have nearly two years' worth of history...before the 'new and improved' system of 'rapid releases', that is.
It's not the release cycle that p****s me off, it's the little surprises that you discover later. Some of you know what I mean, the ones that the developers don't tell you about...the ones that all of the bug fixes, security patches and new features are supposed to make us overlook or forget the things that have been removed or don't work right...
Sorry, but I'm getting tired of wondering what in the hell is going to go wrong next...
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0.0
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.6
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Unity Web Player version 4.0.1f2. (c) 2012 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 126.96.36.199
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Not sure what the changes are that you refer to but I remember this blog
( Bug 674210 - Reduce places.sqlite cache size and reorganize history expiration around the new value )
Reading the blog that particular change seems to have been to reduce history loss for those with lots of bookmarks.
Having glanced quickly at release notes and bug listings I did not see anything since the above that I recognised as restricting History .
This appears to be a duplicate of https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/954628
I'll lock this thread, so all answers to MacUser_69 are in the same thread.