content search function missing
Recently I noticed that my R click search in google feature was missing, I tried restarting in safe mode to no avail, nor did any attempts in about:config.
I'm currently using FF 19.0.2 with Vista, and up until recently had no issues. I've also run my antiviral which is kept up to date as well as malwarebytes and even kaspersky ttsskiller all with no issues found.
Any ideas or suggestion?
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Úinéir na ceiste
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the reset to no avail, and even tried a complete system restore [just trying to be through] again with no joy..... any other ideas?
The right-click (Contextual) menu search uses the Search engine which is selected in the Search Bar.
Try to use the SearchReset extension to reset some preferences to the default values.
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
You can rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.