Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Same issue with latest upgrade. In Safe Mode removed SocialFixer. That fixed the problem.Read this answer in context 👍 33
All Replies (10)
I don't know what is this App the "google social fixer". Where can I download it from where?
http://socialfixer.com/ just choose the browser you use and it'll download the application
Athraithe ag Edzzed ar
There is no need to install an extension.
Other extensions may be causing a similar error to appear, so check that if you do not have the Social Fixer extension.
IMPORTANT. After each enable/disable operation, you needto restart Firefox.
I've recently started having this problem on a system which does not have Social Fixer. What is the difference between restarting in Safe Mode and disabling add-ons? If I restart in Safe Mode I don't have the problem, but if I disable all add-ons I still do.
How do you re-enable add-ons in Safe Mode? As I understand it, all add-ons are completely disabled until the next restart.
Just to add an extra detail. I still get just as many Java Script errors if I disable Java Script.
@Maryxxx. Hopefully, I am sure Mozilla support will answer your question better than I can. My understanding is that Safe Mode only prevails for your current session. If you restart Firefox, it starts in normal mode.
If you still have the problem after disabling all the add-ons, I suggest you also disable the Extensions as I described in my earlier post. This is how I was able to isolate which extension caused the problem.
You will have to click the Disable button next to each extension on the Tools > Add-ons > Extensions (about:addons) page and close and restart Firefox.
If it works in Firefox Safe-mode then disable all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Upgrading Social Fixer from 6.6 to 7.3 seems to have solved the problem on all VMs and hardware systems that have Social Fixer on them. If I can reproduce the problem on a VM without it I'll go one add-on or plugin at a time and try to find another culprit.
Postscript: I have not been able to demonstrate another culprit, so I'll stick with the "Social Fixer v6" explanation.
Athraithe ag MaryXYX ar
I had this problem on 17.x and 18.0; adblock plus didn't seem to be the problem, since alternately enabling and disabling everything for FB didn't help.
Per the advice elsewhere on this thread, updating Social Fixer (which wasn't showing up at all on FB, so I had assumed that I'd already disabled it on this laptop and it couldn't be the problem) solved the problem. You can find the most current version at http://socialfixer.com/ .