7.0.1 doesn't launch after update
On Friday Firefox updated to 7.0.1 and after that it would not launch. When the icon is clicked, the hourglass appears for a few seconds then disappears. No browser and no error message. When looking at Task Manager, I see Firefox.exe appear under processes and then, after a few seconds, it disappears. After going through a bunch of stuff to troubleshoot, I finally removed 7.0.1, downloaded and installed 3.6.23, and this works fine.
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
Thosaigh sé seo nuair...
After update to 7.0.1
- IDM FlashPlugin Firefox W32
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_14 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009082707 Firefox/3.0.14 FBSMTWB
Updated to 7.0.1 - browser would not open - no error messages.
Cleared firewall cache/disabled firewall - no browser
Cleaned registry with Eusing free - no browser
Defraged registry - no browser
Ran Malwarebytes - no browser
Removed Firefox, downloaded and installed 7.0.1 again - no browser
Rebooted between all actions.
Removed 7.0.1, downloaded 3.6.23 from Firefox site.
3.6.23 runs without any problems (that what I'm typing with now).
I would like to run the latest Firefox, but it seems it doesn't work for me. Any ideas? Thanks.