Upgraded to 7.0.1 and then Firefox would not launch.
Upgraded to 7.0.1 last night. Firefox would not launch afterward. Hour glass appears for a few seconds then goes away. I can see on Task Manager that Firefox.exe appears in the Proceses list and then after a few seconds disappears. No browser, no error message. After going through every troubleshooting step I could find I removed 7.0.1, downloaded 3.6.23 from Firefox site and this works fine.
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
Seo é an rud a tharla
Gach uair a osclaíonn Firefox
Thosaigh sé seo nuair...
After update to 7.0.1
- IDM FlashPlugin Firefox W32
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_14 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2009082707 Firefox/3.0.14 FBSMTWB
Cleared security cache. Doesn't launch. Reboot
Disabled all security. Doesn't launch. Reboot
Ran Malwarebytes. Doesn't launch. Reboot
Ran Eusing Free Registry Cleaner. Doesn't launch. Reboot
Ran Winmend Defrag. Doesn't launch. Reboot
Removed and reinstalled 7.0.1 several times during this process. Doesn't launch.
Removed 7.0.1, downloaded 3.6.23 - SUCCESS.
Currently typing this on Firefox 3.6.23