Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Need to use Roboform - but as yet add-on not working with FFv7 - how do I go back to the previous FF version?
Last night I upgraded to the latest FF and now am unable to use Roboform where all my passwords are!! Until Siber fix it I need to go back to the previous (working!) version of FF - can you please advise the best way to do this?
All Replies (7)
Some of us are still having problems with FireFox 7 and the newer, Fixed? Roboform. I realize that in a while perhaps it will be fixed, but
1) Please don't tell me that I don't want to downgrade, I DO, please point me to the firefox 6.0.2 install, and not the 3.6.x one that I find when I try to find out about downgrading.
2) I may try to "re-install" FireFox 7, but loosing all my profile, and other info is a real bother. I'd like a way to generate a new profile while still retaining the main info in it, and erasing specific sub sections, if possible.
3) If worst comes to worst... Are there instructions for un-installing and re-installing 6.0.2 and 7.x cleaning out what needs to be cleaned out, and keeping the "text" type date. Bookmarks, Passwords, links to add-ons, but perhaps leaving them un-installed and inactive. etc. that I assume will probably not cause major problems,
4) Finally I do have a number of add-ons that seem to be disabled, but don;t have a remove button. Is there a way to clean these out?
MY problem is that I relied heavily on my Yahoo toolbar, and now it seems I've lost it with Firefox 7. What's up Firefox? Why can't you forsee such obvious issues before you release these updates?! Anyone know how I can install an earlier version of FF?
1) I still don't have the instructions as to how to backup to an earlier version of FireFox.
2) Both FireFox and RoboForm have newer versions that seem to work now, so after a while I will upgrade my other CPU's, and not need to downgrade, but I still think it would be nice to have them checked out before releasing FireFox and have an easy way to revert to an older version.
You can find previous Firefox versions here:
edit: replaced random unofficial download site link.
Athraithe ag James ar
Thanks... That is the link I wanted
though 1) It sure would have been easier if in the page with the download of the current, and perhaps questionable feature version, there was a link to the previous "classic" version. 2) I am confused/amused at some of the versions on this page... I think I had been using something like 6.0.2 for a while, but then on that page I also find, as recent "old" versions 8.0 and 3.6.23. I assume that the numbering system is for the people who are developing FireFox, and all my thanks to them, but for a casual user I am amused by 8.0 an old version, and was totally confused as to what the 3.6.23 was doing in the table. Perhaps it is another fork from the 6.0.2 path.
Regardless, Thanks, Over and Closed.
This is why I haven't upgraded since version 3, which was working very nicely thank you. But now AT&T "upgraded" its web site, so the procedure that worked very well for me paying my bills no longer worked.
Is this a conspiracy?
What ever happened to "if it works, don't fix it"?