google says my cookies are disabled, but they're not and so i can't access my google account - help!
i have done everything that google says to do, but it still insists that cookies are disabled and won't allow access to my email account. as it is impossible to reach them and since this may be a problem with firefox, i'm asking you for help.
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Picasa plugin.
- Shockwave for Director 11.5.8r612
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
- "Clear the Cache": Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems: Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing the cookies doesn't help then it is possible that the file cookies.sqlite that stores the cookies is corrupted. Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete cookies.sqlite-journal and cookies.txt, if they exist, in the Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
Úinéir na ceiste
thanks, but none of that helped. google still insists my cookies aren't enabled. any other ideas?
Did you check the cookie exceptions?
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Exceptions"
Check the permissions for the domain in the current tab in Tools > Page Info > Permissions
Úinéir na ceiste
got it! thanks so much. -n
I am having this problem, too, but I can't find the following:
Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Exceptions"
Cor-el, I am assuming by "Firefox" you mean the Firefox Tab on the upper right hand side of the page. When I click that, I do not see "Preferences" anywhere. I have also tried going to "Tools" and "Options," but I don't see "Preferences" there either. I am using Windows XP, Firefox Version 6.0.2. Thanks in advance for any help you -- or anyone -- can give.
No, This thread is about Mac and on Mac you have to go to the Firefox menu to access teh Preferences.
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Windows: Firefox > Options or Tools > Options
Press F10 if the menu bar is hidden on Windows and Linux
Thanks Cor-el, but as I said I had tried going to "Tools" and "Options," but I don't see "Preferences" there either. I just tried again, and these are the tabs I see when I click on Tools, then Options, and the dialog box opens:
General / Tabs / Content / Applications / Privacy / Security / Sync / Advanced
Nothing about preferences on the tabs, and when I click on those tabs, I can't see the word preferences anywhere on those pages.
I figured it out. FYI, there is no preferences option, but from the Privacy tab, there is a History section, and beneath that there are the words, 'Firefox will.' In the box next to that, scroll down and select 'Use customer settings for history' and then an icon for 'Exceptions' appears. Clicking on that opens an 'Exceptions - Cookies' dialogue box, where web sites can be entered and allowed as exceptions, or vice versa. Cheers!
Athraithe ag Carloz ar