Since upgrading to 4.0.1, Firefox no longer asks me if I want my tabs saved, and I can't find where to set this preference. Help!!
MacBook running OS X version 10.6.7
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- npmnqmp 071503000004
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Firefox 4 saves the previous session automatically, so there is no longer need for the dialog asking if you want to save the current session.
You can use "Firefox > History > Restore Previous Session" to get the previous session.
There is also a "Restore Previous Session" button on the default about:home Home page.
Another possibility is to use:
- Firefox (Tools) > Options > General > Startup: "When Firefox Starts": "Show my windows and tabs from last time"
Úinéir na ceiste
Thank you for the reply, cor-el. Let me see if I understand what you're saying.........
1. When I close Firefox, it will close all the current tabs, but will remember them. When I re-open Firefox, the tabs won't be there, but I can go to history>restore previous session, and they will pop up? If this is correct, it will work for me (as long as I remember to take the extra steps!), but it's extra "clicking" for me. In the old version, they just popped up.
2. What is the default 'about:home' Home page? When I open Firefox, I get Google.
3. On my version of Firefox, I have a Tools menu, but no "Options" choice. I have Tools>Web Search, Downloads, Add-ons, Set Up Sync, Error Console, Web Console, Page Info, Start Private Browsing, or Clear Recent History.
Further thoughts? Thank you.
On Mac you can use Firefox > Preferences to get access to the preferences (options) and via the History menu you can open the previous session.
You can open the about:home Home page via the location bar. That is a build-in page that isn't opened via the internet.