Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Under 'Tools' my 'Private Browsing and 'Clear Recent History' are greyed out: how can I turn these options on?
On my Firefox menu the options Private Browsing and Clear Recent History are greyed out, so I am unable to turn them on or off. How do get these options? I cannot find abything in settings, etc. Thanks.
All Replies (3)
You probably have Private Browsing turned on all the time in Options.
Your above posted system details show outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.4
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
Update the Java plugin to the latest version.
- http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp (Java Platform: Download JRE)
Update the Adobe Reader plugin to the latest version.
If you see a grayed "Stop Private Browsing" in the Tools menu then you are in private browsing mode as posted above.
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck: [ ] "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session"
Thanks kindly guys, problem solved.