Java SE RE 6u21 for Windows 7 64bit or 32bit when I use Winodws 7 64bit
I use Windows 7 64bit. What version of JRE should I use the 64bit or the 32bit version? What about the Java plug-in in the 64bit version of JRE? Do I need it in Firefox to use Java?
Not sure how often
Firefox is a 32-bit browser, you need the 32-bit version of Java. Without Java, you won't be able to view Java presentations on the websites you view, you'll see a "missing Plugin" icon where the presentation would appear.Read this answer in context 15
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- -NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Firefox is a 32-bit browser, you need the 32-bit version of Java. Without Java, you won't be able to view Java presentations on the websites you view, you'll see a "missing Plugin" icon where the presentation would appear.
OK, it was helpful but I expected that under learn or read more, I would see how to add Java for 32bit. My PC is XP 64bit and java 7 apparently is OK for that but I have had problems adding java 6 build, I cannot recall but I think it includes 29 in it. What to do next? You have helped my huge in past and my hope is that this will continue the trend. Bye, S