Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
tyring to load adobe flash player, where do I find the "edit options key"
I need adobe flash player for a web page. the instructions say I need to add it to the firefox accepted list. I need to press the "edit options" key to get too that list. where do I find that key?
All Replies (4)
How do I find "edit options" so I can download Adobe reader
"Edit options" is for older versions of Firefox.
1. You need to use Firefox at the Adobe website to get the NPAPI version of Flash for non-IE browsers. Download the Flash plugin from the Adobe Thank You! page via: If it does not start, click here for troubleshooting information. On the troubleshooting page click the link at the bottom: If you are still having problems, click here to download. Save it to your Desktop. 2. Close Firefox using File > Exit then check the Task Manager > Processes tab to make sure firefox.exe is closed,
3. Then run the Flash setup file from your Desktop.
- On Vista and Windows 7 you may need to run the plugin installer as Administrator by starting the installer via the right-click context menu if you do not get an UAC prompt to ask for permission to continue (i.e nothing seems to happen).
The instructions on the Adobe page about "edit options", etc. are out-of-date and incorrect.
Install/Update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox: your ver. N/A; current ver. 10.0 r45 See: Updating Flash -download and SAVE to your hard drive (save to Desktop for easy access) -exit Firefox (File > Exit) -double-click on the Adobe Flash installer you just downloaded to install it -when the Flash installation is complete, start Firefox, and test the Flash installation here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1
- NOTE: On Vista and Windows 7 you may need to run the plugin installer as Administrator by starting the installer via the right-click context menu if you do not get an UAC prompt to ask for permission to continue (i.e nothing seems to happen). See this: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/run_as_administrator.htm
- NOTE for IE: Firefox and most other browsers use a Plugin. IE uses an ActiveX version of Flash. To install the IE ActiveX Adobe Flash Player, same instructions as above, except use IE to download the ActiveX Flash installer.
The instructions on the Adobe site are outdated and do no longer apply to current Firefox versions and you can ignore those instructions and save the Adobe installer to your desktop and start the installation with a double-click on that file.