hyperlink + ctrl click opens the page in new tab in my website. it should open it in the same window of my website
When i do a ctrl+hyperlink click in my website running in firefox, it opens up in a new tab, I dont want the ctrl+hyperlink click to open in new tab or new window. It should open in the same browser. (works as required in IE 7)
Every time Firefox opened
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Ctrl+left click on a link or bookmark will open in a new tab. That is a standard Firefox keyboard shortcut. Middle-click will do the same (Middle-click = press the scroll wheel). On the following page, scroll down to "Web Navigation" or Find (Ctrl+F), enter "Ctrl+lef" (without quotation marks) in the Find box. Read the footnote 4 about how to change from background tab to foreground tab.
To open a link or bookmark in the currently active tab, simply click on the link or bookmark. Your current tab will be over-written with the new link or bookmark.
The following page shows the shortcuts for IE7. Click "Working with tabs". It shows Ctrl+click will "Open links in a new tab in the background" and on the next line, it shows CTRL+SHIFT+click will "Open links in a new tab in the foreground".
Maybe you have installed something to change the shortcuts on your installation?
Other Issues: to correct security/stability issues
Update Java: your version 184.108.40.206; current version 220.127.116.11 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed