Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
I recently purchased a new DELL laptop. My bookmarks from the older DELL laptop did not transfer. Instead under OTHER bookmarks I am getting a hodge-podge of GOOGLE CHROME favorites. I still have the older laptop and the bookmarks I am missing are still there, intact. The older laptop cannot support Windows-11. What did I do wrong, and how do I get the the bookmarks over to the new laptop? THANKS MUCH! Best, Pat Reilly
All Replies (1)
How did you try to transfer your personal data to the new device?
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer/recover/backup your personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins) and key4.db (decryption key and primary password) for logins saved in the Password Manager
- cert9.db for certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)