Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Back button and other buttons not working!
I'm currently facing a sudden very weird problem. How it works is, except through the google-Firefox New Tab, I cannot type anything into the URLs, and I cannot press the back button, or any of the system/setting/app buttons other than the Download, including the "favorite/bookmark this page" button next to where you put URLs (which as noted, is inaccessible.)
It seems to have suddenly happened without any warning today, but it means I cannot use the back button, type in URLs except through the New Tabs, and other very odd restrictions.
All Replies (1)
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
This could be a problem with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use the "Places Database" -> "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If errors are reported with "Verify Integrity", close and restart Firefox or reboot and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
- you lose the history when a new places.sqlite is created
You may have to restore an older bookmarks backup in the bookmarkbackups folder via the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
- Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder