aol email attachments
I can't open aol email attachments. I have cleared the cache, reset firefox, checked my firewall, and opened my email in another broweser - which allowed me to download the attachments. What have I missed?
All Replies (8)
Same. Started earlier today. I don't know what happened. It's been working fine for years, and now . . . nothing. I tried all the same things you did, including rebooting and resetting everything I could think of. I can open AOL mail in Microsoft Edge and download attachments there successfully, but I prefer Firefox.
Same for me...I started using Firefox about 8 years ago when my 12 year old XP desktop was dying...Firefox gave it a new life...Firefox has been flawless....then this happened...hope they get it fixed quickly
happened to me, too. If you un-install it and either re-install the latest version or better yet, install the version before this last update, it suddenly downloads AOL mail attachments again. Then, (if and) when you re-sync and reload your bookmarks, passwords, etc etc, stops working again.
It is possible that the attachments have the wrong file extension.
Try to set browser.download.sanitize_non_media_extensions = false to make Firefox show the correct file extension when you save the file.
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can click the button to "Accept the Risk and Continue".
Athraithe ag cor-el ar
The attachments have the correction file extension, and the same attachments open up fine in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
I have made AOL aware of the problem and their engineers are working on the problem. Firefox should check to make sure it is not a Firefox issue.
It all happens to us TODAY and no one has had the problem for all these years.
Are there relevant-looking messages displayed in the Web Console if you start the download ?
- "3-bar" menu button -> Web Developer or Tools -> Browser Tools -> Web Developer Tools
I've seen a report that this is caused by Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox.
Firefox shows a purple shield instead of a gray shield at the left end of the location/address bar in case Enhanced Tracking Protection is blocking content. You can click shield icon for more detail and possibly disable the protection. You can check the Web Console for related messages about blocked content.
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block content (Adblock Plus, NoScript, DuckDuckGo PE, Disconnect, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin) always make sure such extensions do not block content.
- make sure your extensions and filters are updated to the latest version
All working perfectly today without any intervention on my part. I guess the engineers really did fix it!
Hope everyone else is having the same experience.