disable or lock zoom
i am looking to entirely remove or disable the zoom feature of my firefox broswer i have searched and searched and tried editing the about:config. i cannot find any way to disable zoom. i have a wireless touch keyboard that switches to touch mouse and has gestures exactly like the trackpad on a laptop. it zoomz in and out rapidly when i try to scroll down pages. i would like to just have my zoom locked at 100% and in no way shape or form can it zoom in and out. Help please before i smash another laptop set up.my laptop currently does NOT have a keyboard so the touch wireless is my only option.
All Replies (1)
Here's how you can change what happens in this situation:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste meta and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the mousewheel.with_meta.action preference and enter the desired value:
- 1 = Scroll (ignore the Command key)
- 2 = Go Back/Forward in history (AVOID!)
- 3 = Zoom in/out (default on Mac)
- 0 = No action (AVOID!)
The zoom feature is still available using control key + scrolling. If you don't want zooming there either, the relevant preference is mousewheel.with_control.action
Athraithe ag Shashank Shekhar ar