Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Refresh saved current tabs, but...
Last Firefox refresh saved all my working tabs, but lost my Toolbar, ALL bookmarks, and ALL saved Logins with passwords.
I attempted to import my last saved version from a profile folder (I wasn't born yesterday), but nothing happens. Why can't I import? MS Edge conveniently has them all, but I don't like its layout and lack of menu bar, which I use a lot.
I've been screwed a few times by Firefox updates and refreshes. Why does this happen?
Please recommend a solution.
All Replies (1)
What reason did you have to refresh Firefox ?
If there are problems with specific files like places.sqlite for the bookmarks then a refresh might lead to data loss.
Do you have backups in the backup in the bookmarkbackups folder in the current profile?
- Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
Your previous personal data should be available in the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop.
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder