Mozilla opens multiple exe processes even after setting dom.ipc.processCount to 1, and browser.tabs.remote.autostart to false. Any ideas?
Title says it all.. I've made and included 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox-e10s' in the 'Path' system variable as others suggested, but I still get multiple processes.. Any other ideas?
Using Firefox 68.
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
You can no longer disable e10s (multiple-proces) on the "about:config" page - see :
And also :
If however, you really want to disable it, you can set an environment variable to disable multi-process. :
• set MOZ_FORCE_DISABLE_E10S=1
How to set environment variables : http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
You can use the set command to create a temporary environment variable.
- open command prompt window
- change to installation directory
- type "set MOZ_FORCE_DISABLE_E10S=1" and press enter
- type "firefox.exe" and press enter
How to use set command : http://www.computerhope.com/sethlp.htm
Úinéir na ceiste
Hi McCoy! Thanks for the advice, but that's exactly what I did - made a firefox-e10s.cmd file with only content 'set MOZ_FORCE_DISABLE_E10S=1' and then added that file to the path. That didn't help.