Hyperlink buttons don't display correctly in Firefox on Windows 7
Instead of the buttons I get a weird looking little box
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- (Firefox 57 and above) Click the Library button
and choose History.
(Click the menu button and choose History in older Firefox versions.)
- In the History menu, choose "Clear Recent History...".
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the "Clear Now" button.
Further information can be found in the Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Special icons are usually supplied by an icon font that is downloaded from the server via @font-face CSS rules.
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block content (Adblock Plus, NoScript, Disconnect, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin) always make sure such extensions do not block content.
- make sure your extensions and filters are updated to the latest version
If you use uBlock Origin: "block remote fonts"
You can check gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled on the about:config page and make sure it is set to true (if necessary double-click the line to toggle its value to true). Also make sure you allow pages to choose their own fonts.
- Options/Preferences -> General: Fonts & Colors -> Advanced
[X] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"
Athraithe ag cor-el ar
Úinéir na ceiste
Did not help
Are you using a content blocking extension like uBlock Origin?
You can check the Web Console (Tools -> Web Developer) for messages about blocked font content and other font related messages
You can check the Network Monitor to see if content is blocked or otherwise fails to load.
If necessary use "Ctrl+F5" or "Ctrl+Shift+R" (Mac: Command+Shift+R) to reload the page and bypass the cache to generate a fresh log.