Upload Button in my Pocketbook Cloud does not appear
I would like to upload my Digital Edition Books into my Cloud, but with Firefox the button does not appear. With Microsoft Edge it works, but my Standard Browser is Firefox and I would like it to work
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
Is it this site? https://cloud.pocketbook.digital/browser/#/login
Do you notice any missing colors in your Firefox? A lot of buttons may be invisible if they use white text on a background color and your Firefox isn't showing those background colors. To rule that out, could you set Firefox to strictly apply the colors assigned by the page. You do that on the Preferences page:
- Mac: "3-bar" menu button (or Firefox menu) > Preferences
- Windows: "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options
- Linux: "3-bar" menu button (or Edit menu) > Preferences
- Any system: type or paste about:preferences into the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it
In the search box at the top of the page, type color and Firefox should filter the page down so you can easily find the "Colors" button. Go ahead and click that.
Try changing this setting:
"Override the colors specified by the page with your selections above"
Below that, it usually says
"Only with High Contrast themes"
Click that and change the setting to
then click OK to finish the change.
Does that help at all?
Here's a screenshot of that part of the Colors dialog as it appears on Windows 10:
Also, I didn't see any "system requirements" or "supported browsers" on the site, so I'll assume it should work.
If a site is generally known to work in Firefox, these are standard suggestions to try when it stops working normally:
Double-check content blockers: Firefox's Content Blocking feature and extensions that counter ads and tracking may break websites that embed third party content (meaning, from a secondary server).
(A) Do you see a shield icon toward the left end of the address bar, near the lock icon? More info on managing the Tracking Protection feature in this article: Content blocking.
(B) Extensions such as Adblock Plus, Blur, Disconnect, Ghostery, NoScript, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin or uMatrix should provide toolbar buttons to manage blocked content in a page. There may or may not be a number on the icon indicating the number of blocked items; you may need to click the button to see what's going on and test whether you need to make an exception for this site.
Cache and Cookies: When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Clear Firefox's Cache
If you have a large hard drive, this might take a few minutes.
(2) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first). While viewing a page on the site, try either:
- right-click (on Mac Ctrl+click) a blank area of the page and choose View Page Info > Security > "Clear Cookies and Site Data"
- (menu bar) Tools > Page Info > Security > "Clear Cookies and Site Data"
- click the padlock or "i" icon in the address bar, then the ">" button, then More Information, and finally the "Clear Cookies and Site Data" button
In the dialog that opens, you will see one or more matches to the current address so you can remove the site's cookies individually without affecting other sites.
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
Testing in Firefox's Safe Mode: In its Safe Mode, Firefox temporarily deactivates extensions, hardware acceleration, and some other advanced features to help you assess whether these are causing the problem.
If Firefox is not running: Hold down the Shift key when starting Firefox. (On Mac, hold down the option/alt key instead of the Shift key.)
If Firefox is running: You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- (menu bar) Help menu > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
and OK the restart.
Both scenarios: A small dialog should appear. Click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Refresh).