Why do upgrades remove all extensions, passwords, etc. I am so tired of having thise issue...
1. There are so many different Firefox versions and they keep adding. Which one is the best???
2. Every time you upgrade all my data seems to disappear, Extensions, add-ons, saved logins which I have saved under Privacy & Security. In addition, why each time I logout, the check-mark I have checked asking to save logins & passwords has to be checked every time I sign in. I assumed that this should remain checked, since if you don't, and make changes, the new login is not saved????
3. Are you behaving as Windows? The reason I changed to your software was that you seemed to be more understanding of customer issues.....
4. It's all very nice to come up with new features, but the features that are now should be working efficiently. Once that occurs, then indeed promote new and better features.
5. Make it easier to understand, i.e., use examples, terminology that is for average users, don't try to impress with all the jargon is used by computers experts. Remember, all customers have different levels of knowledge, so please keep this in mind, PLEASE....
I would appreciate a response to these issues. I am hoping that this will be done in a short time.
[Personal information removed by moderator. Please read Forum rules and guidelines, thanks.]
Athraithe ag Chris Ilias ar
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Shockwave Flash 31.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
For the updates they are for security and update stability and if other addons don't pass or update to work with latest firefox version it is up to the developers to update. What terminology are you talking about? Making general claims doesn't help to address specific problem. They aren't adding new feature but updating the feature for stability/security. Firefox aren't that many versions there is old outdate and the latest version-so not sure why you would say that. What one should be using the latest version. Also remember this is firefox End User help not something like a Microsoft Support ticket. And if your firefox isn't saving or keeping settings that would mean something has gone wrong with your version and you have to diagnosis where the problem started and caused it.
There are so many different Firefox versions and they keep adding. Which one is the best?
The best one is the latest version. In the world of computers and InterNet usage, software (like the FireFox browser) will always need updating for security and performance purposes. You can hang-on to older versions, but at a cost of security and 'broken' Websites that won't work with older browsers.
(I was probably one of the few to hang onto using Windows 3.11 for long as I could, some years ago.) LoL
Every time you upgrade all my data seems to disappear, Extensions, add-ons...
If you upgraded from a much older FireFox browser, the older 'Extensions' that you now don't see anymore do not work with the later browser versions, due to 'newer technology' used for browser Extensions. Look for replacement or similar Extensions.
Thank you for responding to my query. Unfortunately, I believe I was not clear enough about my issues.
I have updated each time and presently have the latest version, this loss of logins & passwords, add-ons, etc., occurs each time I allow an update. Thus, it's not because I am using an older version.
Under options, it offers to save the login & password, I need to put a check mark each time I open Firefox; I don't think this is the way it works, once checked off, it should remain as such when I login.
I have Windows 7, not Windows 10? Would that create issues???
When I indicated there was so many versions of Firefox, I understand that they need to update & improve, what I was asking which version should I opt for? Firefox Quantum, the New Firefox Faster For Good, Firefox Focus, Firefox Desktop??
I have done the recommended steps described by Mozilla Support that confirms that the issues I described exist; "If you are having issues with Firefox, refreshing it can help. Well I have done this in the past and I still can't find my previous add-ons, logins & passwords, etc. So please, how do I avoid this happening each time there is an update????
I really am tired of having this same issue each and every time. PLEASE HELP?????
If you have the "Trend Micro Password Manager" installed then try to uninstall this application via the Windows Control Panel.
- /questions/1203487 why does saved passwords Check box keep turning off?
I have Windows 7, not Windows 10? Would that create issues? ...Which version should I opt for? Firefox Quantum, the New Firefox Faster For Good, Firefox Focus, Firefox Desktop?
- I have Windows 7, also, as do many others. It should not 'have issues' with FF. I have the Support Forum 'Tag' set for Windows 7, so I'm not reading/replying to anyone with Windows 8 or higher. There's still a lot of us Windows 7 users out here. (Wink)
- I dunno about the other FF versions/types that are out there, but I'm on a Desktop and have the FF for Windows-7 (Quantum), though I'm still hanging onto FF 61.0.2 at the moment.
Athraithe ag Pj ar