Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.

Tabs constantly crashing after recent updates

  • 5 fhreagra
  • 2 leis an bhfadhb seo
  • Freagra is déanaí ó cor-el

more options

I have one laptop and one desktop, both running Fx smoothly for years before recent update. This month I kept getting "Gah. Your tab just crashed." "Content Encoding Error" messages or loading forever on both computers. Tried many things but in vain, those include

  • starting in safe mode
  • reinstalling Firefox
  • disabling hardware acceleration
  • disabling multi-process tabs
  • enabling "prevent accessibility service from accessing your browser"

Having newest updates of win10 and graphic driver on both computers (my laptop is ASUS EeeBook), crash reports as below, any advice would be appreciated.

bp-2d12d68d-5926-48d5-870d-59f0f0180930 9/30/2018 1:46 PM bp-d76ba067-cb7d-40ad-bb63-f60a60180928 9/28/2018 2:25 PM bp-1a43b973-5582-4d08-bf7b-c0d7d0180921 9/21/2018 4:36 PM

Athraithe ag PretenderYeh ar

Réiteach roghnaithe

All Replies (5)

more options

hi, please keep the "prevent accessibility service from accessing your browser" setting enabled. is there any difference when you uninstall the clipx tool from the affected system?

more options

Hi philipp, thanks for the reply.

  • disabling "prevent accessibility service from accessing your browser"

This was a typo, I enabled the option on both computers (the list above corrected). And "disabling ClipX" didn't solve the problem, moreover, I didn't have ClipX on my laptop but tabs still crashed.

Athraithe ag PretenderYeh ar

more options

Réiteach Roghnaithe

can you test it with a new profile as well? Profile Manager - Create, remove, or switch Firefox profiles

more options

Hi philipp, I've been testing with a new profile for a few days and I'm glad to tell you that my problem might be solved. However it was weird to me that resetting firefox didn't do the trick.

more options

Note that the crash reports you posted are crashes that happened in September and are OOM (out-of-memory) reports where not enough contiguous free memory is available. In your case the memory looks rather fragmented. Firefox isn't able to allocate a 1 MB block in the first report.

Total Virtual Memory : 4,294,836,224 bytes (4.29 GB)
Available Virtual Memory : 47,259,648 bytes (47.26 MB)
Available Page File : 4,426,670,080 bytes (4.43 GB)
Available Physical Memory : 2,899,869,696 bytes (2.9 GB)
System Memory Use Percentage : 66
OOM Allocation Size : 1,048,576 bytes (1.05 MB)

TelemetryEnvironment : 
 architecture : "x86"
 version : "62.0.2"
 memoryMB : 8136
 virtualMaxMB : 4096