Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
After Update, all select > option inputs have black background
After a recent update on my Linux/Ubuntu system, all select > options have a background color of black and the text enlarged to almost double the size (background and text size for the select boxes were not affected). IE, Chrome, and even the edition of Firefox on my wife's computer were not affected and are still showing the options with a proper white background with reduced type size. What gives? The website is bhardin-rps.com. I tried to post a screen shot, but it won't upload.
All Replies (2)
Thank you for your question. I use Firefox on Ubuntu (16.10) myself, so hopefully I can help.
When it comes to Firefox with some Linux distros (including Ubuntu), you are getting a Ubuntu version of Firefox. The community at Ubuntu take the standard Mozilla version and add a few little extras. It may be the case that this issue is caused by one of those extras so the community at Ubuntu may be able to help you. You can reach out to them through their community support channels.
You may also want to consider Refreshing Firefox. The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
Make sure you allow pages to choose their own colors.
- Options/Preferences -> Content : Fonts & Colors -> Colors : "Override the colors specified by the page with my selections above"
Try "Never" if the default "Only with High Contrast themes" isn't working.