when closing Firefox, why does "Remember logins for sites" automatically get unchecked?
On my PC, every time I close Firefox - which I do when I am finished with my internet activity - under TOOLS/SECURITY/LOGINS, the box I had previously checked for "Remember logins for sites", automatically gets unchecked. Then when I open Firefox again, I have to check the box again. It stays checked until I close Firefox and then cycle repeats itself.
Why does this happen. I refreshed Firefox but this did not correct the situation. How can I get Firefox to stop this? I have version 49.0.1
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.91.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
hi, which security software are you using?
Úinéir na ceiste
I am using Trend Micro. Thing is, my wife has the same system and software I do - - new computers, operating system, etc. all installed the same day and she does not have this problem. Curious. thanks /barry
Note: Some software, like Advanced SystemCare with Surfing Protection, can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.
thanks, other users of trend micro security software have reported similar issues - the trend micro password manager that might be automatically installed as a separate application on your system might responsible for that behaviour. please uninstall it through your system control panel in case you have it present but are not using it.