Bookmarks painfully slow after 48.0.2 Firefox update
Everything was hunky dory until the awful v48 update. With no other changes to the system, bookmarks are now annoyingly slow to use. If I try to bookmark this page for example, FF has to think for 2-5 seconds before I can enter tags. After saving the bookmark it freezes for another 1-3 seconds before I can do anything else. This is an awful downgrade.
There were absolutely no other changes to my setup except for the update. I didn't change any preference, install an addon, or the like. In any case, I performed a safe mode test and this makes the pauses even worse.
What else can I try? Your FF knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Note the current status of the relevant bug is now Fixed in Fx53. That indicates the problems relating to this; that were found; have been fixed in the pre release versions of Firefox and that end users will see a change early in 2017 when Firefox 53 is released.Read this answer in context 1
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- D'Fusion Web Plug-In (3.10.17865.0)
- D'Fusion Web Plug-In for Safari 64 bits (3.10.17865.0)
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Octoshape Streaming Services web integration browser plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
Christophe, No problem, if you are happy with bookmarks not being Synced.
jasu, Message from Bugilla.
I think you have to download and use the tool mozregression to find a regression range in FF48, especially if it's reproducible only on a few machines. See http://mozilla.github.io/mozregression/ for details. In addition, could you attach the "graphics" section from about:support, please.
Please log in at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303831#c1 and give the requested information.
Athraithe ag FredMcD ar
jasu and Christophe The bug people would like you to answer questions. Please login here; https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303831
Note the current status of the relevant bug is now Fixed in Fx53. That indicates the problems relating to this; that were found; have been fixed in the pre release versions of Firefox and that end users will see a change early in 2017 when Firefox 53 is released.