firefox update will not stay updated, reverts to older version
mac book pro osx 10.8.5 firefox 40.0 jamf and firevault being used
trying to update to 42.0 the install works, about states it's at the latest 42.0
power off then power back on open firefox and it's back to 40.0 and then asks me to update again
in the app folder the firefox.app is back to 40.0
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
What is firevault?
Note: Some software, like Advanced SystemCare with Surfing Protection, can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.
Úinéir na ceiste
sorry typo Mac security thing, filevault
FileVault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FileVault
FileVault is a method of using encryption with volumes on Mac computers. Encryption and decryption are performed on the fly
I don't think this should cause a problem here, but if the problem continues, disable it as a test.
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then best is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox application and save the disk image file to the desktop
- Firefox 42.0: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
- Trash the current Firefox application (open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you uninstall and (re)install or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.