Firefox crashes - every day, several times.
When I close it - there is always a message box about the plug-in container having crashed.
This is becoming a major inconvenience, having to shut down and re-start Firefox every 20 minutes or so....
I am considering replacing it with Chrome.
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.15
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.2
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
I can't do that - Firefox never *officially* crashes - it just gets stuck in "not-responding" mode and I have to terminate from within the task manager. As a result - it doesn't generate a crash report. What it does is waste time and cause me to loose my links. It *just* did it again, and I checked - no crash report.
Upgrade to Firefox 41.01
Úinéir na ceiste
According to firefox, I *already* have the newest version - but it continues to happen.
Úinéir na ceiste
At least I was able to get the problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: plugin-container.exe Application Version: 184.108.40.20638 Application Timestamp: 55fb7072 Fault Module Name: mozglue.dll Fault Module Version: 220.127.116.1138 Fault Module Timestamp: 55fb5afb Exception Code: 80000003 Exception Offset: 0000ec7e OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
You can check for problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions and try this:
- make sure you have the latest Flash version:
- check for updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
- disable hardware acceleration in Firefox
The crash report is several pages of data. We need the report numbers to see the whole report.