Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Click on Firefox Icon Firefox crashes. Try in save mode start up page coming up for few second, and crashes again. I installed the latest version , still crashes.
All Replies (3)
Several things to try.
Some problems occurs when your Internet security program was set to trust the previous version of Firefox, but no longer recognizes your updated version as trusted. Now how to fix the problem: To allow Firefox to connect to the Internet again;
- Make sure your Internet security software is up-to-date (i.e. you are running the latest version).
- Remove Firefox from your program's list of trusted or recognized programs. For detailed instructions, see
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you have submitted crash reports then please post the IDs of one or more recent crash reports that have a "bp-" prefix:
You can find the Report ID of recent crash reports on the "Help > Troubleshooting Information" page (about:support).
- Click the "All Crash Reports" button on this page to open the about:crashes page and see all crash reports.
If necessary then you can open about: pages via the location/address bar.
If you can't open Firefox, see: