Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Firefox keeps crashing while using the scroll button on my mouse but only on facebook Why?
using facebook on firefox is a nightmare. When i scroll through my news feed it just crashes out of the blue i can take a video if necessary and upload it. I have already made a new profile before and it hasnt worked and in safe mode it still crashes. Its getting annoying it has been going on for months and still no fix in sight. I use all the betas to see if maybe it changes but it doesn't. I even use the stable versions and nothing. I have cleaned all temp files I do not have flash hardware acceleration on and do not have hardware acceleration on in firefox at all it makes my text weird and my graphic card drivers are updated. I do not know what to do anymore this is the only site it crashes on and I refuse to use internet explorer or chrome so please please please fix this. I only use Fast dial and a plugin for youtube but like I said in safe mode it still crashes so Its not the addons.
bp-31014423-e5a5-4231-8959-4c73c2140801 8/1/2014 4:16 PM bp-1ee89c2f-300f-4ffb-b010-082742140801 8/1/2014 10:16 AM bp-ce5cbfaf-da34-4d5b-8d33-329782140724 7/24/2014 12:27 PM bp-28187d64-057c-42ab-91d9-725b42140722 7/22/2014 3:03 PM bp-d1426148-df5c-4688-afc6-0db492140722 7/21/2014 10:20 PM bp-9c49084c-3b10-4c9b-9a1d-df1842140721 7/21/2014 12:31 AM bp-aca226c1-8af3-4c6e-abda-f320f2140720 7/20/2014 1:06 AM
All Replies (8)
It cointains malware, addons problems and plug in problem try this:
- Numbered list itemIn order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
- Numbered list itemSometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report.
- Numbered list itemPlease check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
Try to create a new Boolean pref on the about:config page via the right-click context menu with the name layout.paint_rects_separately and set the value to true and leave hardware acceleration enabled.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You need close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.
So far no crashing since i used that Boolean but im gonna give it until tomorrow and we shall see. Hardware acceleration is still off because it made my text look weird still. No malware on my system I scan everyday for that.
Athraithe ag nickm25 ar
Went a few days without crashing but now its doing it again. It went from the 2nd of august till just now on the 7th I have done everything yall have said I dont know what else to do.
bp-d07c418d-1983-4763-9807-506a42140807 8/7/2014 10:41 AM bp-d516e614-4037-4e70-8df0-703a32140803 8/2/2014 8:51 PM
Can you confirm that hardware acceleration in Firefox is still disabled?
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe Mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Its still disabled I dont know what else to do this leaves me puzzled because it used to work fine. I even made a new profile started over fresh and it still does it.
Try to disable all plugin, e.g. set them all to "Ask to Activate" on the "Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Plugins" page.
So far So good I disabled adobe flash plugin and have it where it asks to activate and so far no crashes I believe this solves it it sucks to have to do that but gotta do what I gotta do. Thanks for all the responses it is appreciated!