Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
My Firefox will no longer open a new tab when I click on the + nor will it open a new tab by choosing it through the drop down menu.
I'm using a Mac OS X 10.9.4 and I have an updated Firefox browser. I noticed that with the update, I can no longer click on the + and open a new page for browsing and keep my existing page. I can only use the one tab I'm on and navigate away from there. Basically, I no longer have multiple tabs. I CAN however get multiple tabs if I click on a link within a web site, then it will open (Sometimes) in a new tab.
All Replies (3)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING:Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!
We have seen reports about a Community Toolbar extension causing this issue with not being able to open a new tab. Your System Details list shows:
- FLV Runner B Community Toolbar 22.214.171.124
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Thanks but uninstall and reinstall did not work.