Problem I keep seeing messages Foxfire is out of Date BUT I have version 30.0
I go on to Facebook, it says Foxfire (version 30.0) is out of Date. I go to use Hulu or Crackle and again it says Foxfire is out of Date. I go to mozilla Support at the top, left side of the screen it says, "Your Foxfire is out of date and may contain a security risk".
While in Foxfire to check which version is on my Desktop PC by clicking on Help then scroll down to ABOUT Foxfire it says: 30.0 Foxfire IS up to date.
I do use Google Chrome however my TomTom GPS will NOT allow me to upload maps on Chrome but works fine with Foxfire.
Also a problem, Google's GMail will NOT allow me to open any of my E Mails on Foxfire. So am I using the latest version of Foxfire or not.
IF I am NOT using the latest of version of Foxfire please provide the link for the correct download.
Thanks in advance ~ CuriousVirg ~
hello, your useragent (the information the browser sends to websites to identify its version) - apparently mistakenly - shows you're on firefox version 3.6. probably some sort of toolbar or adware has overwritten it. please refer to this article in order to reset the user-agent settings in firefox: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest versionRead this answer in context 2
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Toolbar Plugin
- Version 22.214.171.12403
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Zylom Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 SearchToolbar/1.2 Facicons
hello, your useragent (the information the browser sends to websites to identify its version) - apparently mistakenly - shows you're on firefox version 3.6. probably some sort of toolbar or adware has overwritten it. please refer to this article in order to reset the user-agent settings in firefox: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
Your UserAgent string in Firefox is messed up by another program that you installed.
type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter If you see the warning, you can confirm that you want to access that page. Filter = general.useragent. Right-click the preferences that are bold, one line at a time, and select Reset. Then restart Firefox
Úinéir na ceiste
'I am not 100 % sure if this will fix the issue of Firefox "being out of date or insecure", but I will keep checking over the next few days since like I said my browser of choice is Google Chrome ~ thank you philipp. Oh and, the-edmeister problem being the link for Wikipedia was not very useful since I couldn't make heads or tails out of the article.. but I will be double checking using the term, general.useragent in the search bar!! I do appreciate the help! Thank you!
Your user agent problem is caused by the SearchToolbar/1.2 Facicons shown after your Fx version in the "Application" at the end of your System Details shown above. It is not shown in your list of plug-ins but may be connected to another one. You should look for it in your programs to remove. Do you use it or know what it does?
You have a fascinating list of plug-ins for someone asking about add-ons.