Customize controls and options on Firefox OS
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
It is easy and fun to customize your Firefox phone to your lifestyle using these helpful articles and tips.
Table of Contents
- 1 Settings
- 2 Personalization
- 3 Viewing Open Applications and Notifications
How do I use Airplane Mode?
To use airplane mode, see Turn on Airplane Mode.
How do I connect to WiFi?
How do I enable Bluetooth?
To enable bluetooth, see Share files using Bluetooth.
How do I control Cellular and Data Connections?
Enable or disable your data connection by using the settings application or the notification tray.
and choose Cellular & Data.
- Carrier, data, roaming, and advanced settings information will appear.
- Enable or disable your data connection and data roaming settings by toggling.
Make Firefox OS yours with these helpful tips.
How do I customize Sound and Vibration settings?
You enable or disable sounds and ring tones on Firefox OS using the Settings app.
and choose Sound.
The following settings will appear: vibrate, volume, ringtones, keypad, camera and unlock function.
- Scroll to control ringer, notification and alarm volumes. Use the circle buttons to enable or disable.
- Tap to change the ringtone.
- Tap a ringtone and select
- The new ringtone is now selected.
How do I access Debug Tools?
Find debugging utilities for developers using the Settings application.
and choose Device Information.
- Information about the device will appear, you may need to tap on some items to view more.
Viewing Open Applications and Notifications
How do I scroll the list of open apps from my home screen?
Open the Application Switcher to see your open applications.
- Press and hold the Home button on your phone to open the Firefox OS application switcher.
- A thumbnail of the last opened app appears with the name of the application.
- Swipe left across the thumbnail to view the thumbnail for each running app.
How do I view Notifications?
Notifications appear at the top of your home screen with a number indicating the number of notifications you have. Notifications may also appear on your lock screen, if enabled in your Settings.
- Swipe down from the top of your home screen to open the utility tray.
- Notifications appear in a list with an icon for the type of notification and the duration of time since the notification appeared.
- Tap the notification to view the details or take an action.
- The appropriate app appears and the notification is cleared from the list.