Adobe Flash: This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated.
I am not a fan of Adobe as they are very Microsoft-centric. When they stopped support for Linux they lost my support. I have been spoiled by running a dated Adobe Flash plugin. My pages load so much faster and I only see the plugin actually execute Flash when I click to allow it. This means I get a 2nd benefit of being able to have more tabs and windows open without bogging down my system.
Is there any way I can update my Adobe Flash to the current version and continue to enjoy the benefits of "This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated"? Please feel free to limit answers only to the current release of Firefox/Mozilla.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.5174 built with gcc 4.1.2 on Oct 6 2009
- ICA Plugin (Linux) Version 11.100.158406 (/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica)
- ibm global print plugin v3.1
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101206 Red Hat/3.6-2.el5 (CK-IBM) (CK-IBM) Firefox/3.6.13
Please update to Firefox 22 Update Firefox to the latest version then to Flash 11.2
Should I take that as a guarantee to address my main concern and just run with it--or did someone respond without reading a word that I wrote? Is that common here? I've seen before where aggressive "upgrade" responses take precidence over any other concern which is funny and concerning at the same time for the obvious reasons.
Security is the prime concern with Firefox support. Firefox 3.6.13 is an old version with known vulnerabilities.
So end-user needs are not a prime concern. Got it. Sorry I asked. Clearly I'm in the wrong place.
One thing to add since you mentioned it: I'm posting from a linux test system that runs 3.6.13 to support a specific need and is unrelated to the question.
The question was posed based upon systems running 21.