This one is hard to pin down, but occasionally Firefox will go unresponsive but will accept one previous mouse action (like clicking a tab) when I put Firefox in the back… (lire la suite)
This one is hard to pin down, but occasionally Firefox will go unresponsive but will accept one previous mouse action (like clicking a tab) when I put Firefox in the background by clicking another open non-Firefox window and bringing it to the front.
How this happens:
1. I lock my macbook and step away from the desk for an undetermined amount of time.
2. I come back to my desk and unlock my computer.
3. I click on firefox to browse for something and it doesn't respond
4. I'll click another tab that isn't in focus, nothing will happen
5. I click on any other open application and I will notice that Firefox will change to the tab I had just clicked on
6. If I go back to Firefox, it will not respond to anything until I bring some other application to focus.
Sometimes, if I wait a long time like 10 or 15 minutes, the problem will resolve itself.
Usually I just get frustrated and close Firefox.
I feel like this has to be a problem between Firefox and some other application that I run. Some other appications that are typically open are:
Maybe another Firefox profile
I have been unable to regularly reproduce this issue, but it will typically happen multiple times a day.
One other behavior that I have noticed is that I can click the address bar and nothing visible happens, but if I start typing, the suggestion bar will pop up and accept the text I am typing. I am including a picture of that behavior