Certain websites no longer work with my version of Firefox, but when I check for updates I'm told no updates are available.
Several websites I use now say my version of Firefox not compatible to use on their website. When I check for updates, I'm told none are available. Here is how I'm set up:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
I know the PowerPC processor may be an issue but replacing computer to fix browser issue is not an option. Hope you can help.
Détails additionnels sur le système
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 7.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
Tried but failed. Got this error message:
Incompatible ExtensionTroubleshooter 1.1a could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.28.
hello christopher, firefox and apple have dropped its support for macs on the ppc architecture quite a while ago: Firefox no longer works with Mac OS X 10.4 or PowerPC processors
you might want to have a look at www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/ which offers a current mozilla-based browser for your plattform.