How can I stop Firefox asking to install things from its extension folder every time it starts up?
This happens with both versions of Firefox 3.6.28 and 22. (I have removed the latest version because I had so much trouble with it and no, I don't want it back and I am fully aware of the dangers the old versions put me in, thank you!) I have tried to delete the things from the extension folder, but the items it is asking to install aren't in there. I am using XP with SP3.
Détails additionnels sur le système
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- Classic Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Netscape and Mozilla
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
This can happen if you use the same profile folder with different Firefox versions (i.e. the version listed in compatibility.ini is different).
You should always use separate profiles for each Firefox version.
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the extensions.* files (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled or not compatible extensions in "Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left end side of the Search Bar to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also delete the addons.sqlite file.