Ce sujet de discussion a été archivé. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question si vous avez besoin d’aide.
[SOLVED] Can't uninstall TopArcadeHits extension?
I downloaded something from download[dot]com (I'm not typing in the address because I don't want anyone to link there without proper warning). I've searched and done *everything* I've found for removing this extension. MBAM, Spyware Terminator, Windows Defender (I'm on W8 and it's built in, so no reason not to use it), uninstall manually, nothing.
It's not listed *anywhere* on my computer. But while searching, I did find something. It creates a Windows Task object that re-installs the extension and it's component software (i.e. a separate program that collects user data) on startup if it's removed.
Can anyone provide help? I've even found the solutions listed here and they don't work anymore.
EDIT: for anyone else reading this, you have to find and delete the global folder that the extension has placed itself in.
Modifié le par Jof16s
Did deleting the global folder work?Lire cette réponse dans son contexte 👍 1
Toutes les réponses (4)
The global folder will be located in your hard drive's Program Files folder.
It will have the name TopHits, TopArcade, HitsArcade, TopHitsArcade, etc.
I just had the same problem (after downloading something from downloads dot com).
After reading this thread and the one at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/960863, I simply uninstalled TopArcadeHits via Windows7 Control Panel / Programs and Features.
Two days and one reboot later, I still haven't suffered a recurrence.
kenatsun: It seems there is more than one version of this virus. Still, I'd check and see if there's anything named "toparcade" on your computer by searching. Just to be safe.
I scanned for "toparcadehits", and found a file named tt.toparcadehits.xml in c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\YK15M8MR.
I very seldom use IE, so if this has any consequence, it hasn't befallen me.
For what it's worth, the entire content of this file is...
<root><item name="hdhd4ehjehssjh" value="0" ltime="2317107664" htime="30307991" /></root>
...which is all Greek to me.
Anyway, I just deleted it.