Update version...Lost ALL settings!!!
I was an avid Firefox user till I updated to the newest version and ALL of my settings were removed. I started having pop-up windows everywhere and toolbars galore! Worst of all; ALL of my bookmarks were gone and not only can Firefox not help me, but no one else who has experienced this problem can seem to figure it out either. When I went to try and leave a simple comment its like Firefox doesn't want to know that you exist and that you are having problems. Firefox also wants to make it a living hell for you to be able to download a previous version of Firefox from their website! I was going to try and stick it out and deal with Firefox after the loss of ALL my settings and bookmarks, but after all of the bullshit you have to go through just to do one simple task with them, Firefox has lost my business for good.
Détails additionnels sur le système
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Pando Web Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.522
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Are the still profiles present in this location?
The "Application Data" folder in XP/Win2K and the "AppData" folder in Windows Vista and later Windows 7+ versions are hidden folders.
It is possible that the profiles.ini files was removed and a new default profile created.
You can also check if you have an Old Firefox Data folder on the desktop in case a reset has occurred.
this is sounding like a malware problem on your pc, since firefox certainly doesn't add any toolbars/popups during an update or remove any of your data.
you have very outdated & vulnerable plugins present on your computer - this is an attack vector that is widely exploited by malware on the web, please update them as soon as possible.