How do I set the newest version of Firefox to remember passwords for websites ?
Well, ... let me restate that. I think my current version DID remember passwords for me but now it doesn't . I access the options and go to privacy and security but it doesn't highlight to allow me to click on " remember passwords........................ " How can I fix this ?
Détails additionnels sur le système
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 18.104.22.16812
- NDS Player Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1247
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Are you running in Private Browsing mode when trying to set that preference?
Purple Firefox app button?
Auteur de la question
I DO see that my "Private Browsing" is on, ... I don't remember activating it. I tried, ... but I can't get it to turn off.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
You can also check that you aren't starting Firefox with a -private command line switch.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see: