How can I read an encrypted file named "smime.p7s"?
This file was sent as an attachment to an e-mail sent to me from the Veterans Administration. Notepad will display the file, but apparently in its encrypted form. When I try to find a program on my desktop which will read the file, "available certificates" are listed, but what is a certificate and how do I use them to enable my reading of the smime.p7s file? Does Firefox browser provide a way to decrypt this file type?
Détails additionnels sur le système
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Bing Bar
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
You can ignore that attachment.
It is used to sign the mail and doesn't have any content.