How do I disable the URL highlighting in Firefox 6?
I'm not a fan of the new highlighting feature and it makes the rest of the URL grey and unreadable with my current Firefox skin. Is there any way to disable it?
Détails additionnels sur le système
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.9
- Version 22.214.171.124
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Version 1.0.1, copyright 1996-2009 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Set browser.urlbar.formatting.enabled to false in about:config
Well that's certainly not something most people will ever figure out. Thanks! I'm surprised that there is no checkbox in the 'firefox preferences' for this feature.
I had this problem too (and I've always hated that other browsers did it). Thanks for having the solution!
Yes, thank you for making it possible to disable this.
To be clear, the problem is that the formatting does not actually highlight the domain, but instead fades everything else. I (probably) wouldn't mind having the domain highlighted, but I still need to be able to easily read the rest of the URL, since most of the time I already know the domain and the rest of the URL is the interesting part.
For a future release, please consider only modifying the formatting of the domain (perhaps by making it bold or changing its background color) without hindering the legibility of the rest of the URL.