the bookmark icon, which appears in upper right when the Customize Toolbar window is open, disappears when that window is shut
I'm talking about the icon shows a star inside a square with a down arrow on the left
Détails additionnels sur le système
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
This icon may move between bars. If you display the Bookmarks Toolbar, it may be on the right end. When you close that toolbar, it may move to the Navigation Toolbar. It's a little confusing. For your style of working, where do you want it to appear?
Auteur de la question
I appreciate your reply.
I have both the Navigation Toolbar and the Bookmarks Toolbar displayed. The bookmark icon appears on neither, unless I also open the Customize Toolbar window (by right clicking a blank spot near the tabs and choosing Customize...). When the Customize Toolbar window is open, the icon appears to the right of the Home button (a good location for it). When I press Done, the window closes and the bookmark icon disappears.
Try this extension from Alice0775:
- bug582139 (Allow full customize bookmarks button): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/bug582139/
Auteur de la question
Thanks for the link to the fix! This is exactly what I needed. Thanks, again.
Just btw., it's always there (in both cases) so you probably must've customized something; screenshot attached, Firefox 7.0a1 x64
You have the Menu bar hidden and have the orange Firefox menu button visible.
That icon on the Bookmarks Toolbar will disappear if you unhide the Menu bar which has the Bookmarks menu.