Ce sujet de discussion a été archivé. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question si vous avez besoin d’aide.
Firefox V4 will not remember Username nor Password
Windows XP. When going into a Web Site, virginmedia.com I am not asked by Firefox V4 if I want my Username or Password to be remembered. Tools, Options, Security, - remember Passwords for sites - ticked. Saved Passwords - none shown. Exceptions - none shown. When I go into this Web Site in Internet Explorer V8 my Username and Password are remembered every time. When I first installed Firefox V4 my Username was remembered but never my Password. Now not even my Username is remembered.
Toutes les réponses (2)
Do you mean names and passwords in the Password Manager or do you mean that you are no longer logged on to (remembered by) websites after closing and restarting Firefox?
- Websites remembering you and automatically log you in is stored in a cookie.
- Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- In Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode all cookies are session cookies that expire if that session is ended, so websites won't remember you.
- In Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode Firefox won't fill names and passwords automatically.
- Do not use Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox to clear the "Cookies" and the "Site Preferences"
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Some sites like PayPal, Yahoo, Windows Live and bank sites use autocomplete="off" to prevent Firefox from saving and filling the name and the password.
If a site uses autocomplete="off" then look at this article for a bookmarklet to remove that autocomplete attribute and Firefox will offer to store the name and password.
Thank you for reply. When I submit my Username and/or Password to a Website, Firefox does not ask me if I want these two to be remembered. thanks.